
After reading up, it seemed impossible to make the transparent TIF file I'd originally created in Illustrator into a button (I later realised that it was possible after all). So I decided to create the buttons in Flash itself. This is recommended anyway as the size of the Flash file is always increased when importing graphics.

Here the different button states are shown. Up, Over, Down and Hit. I had to create different versions of the same button for each of the states. So the button turns blue when the mouse hovers over the button and the text turns white when clicked.

I created a new layer for each button and then dragged them onto the stage one at a time. I wanted them in the same position as the original graphics so I used the rulers and guides to place them correctly

I used the Behaviours panel here for the first time : The Go to Web Page Behaviour. This was very simple and just involved clicking on the button on the stage, clicking on that behaviour and typing in the web address of the relevant page. It occurred to me later that the Home button needed to be inactive and be blue all the time so it was obvious which page you are on.

Below are the improvements put in place to bring attention to the characters changing from silhouettes to Louise's illustrations. I had to move the motion guide and get the timings just right for when the beam of light appeared out of the space ship. This was quite tricky and took quite a bit of time!


I decided to create a Skip Link as it was slightly irritating having to wait for the animation to finish every time I wanted to check the progress of something I'd just saved! I had to read up on how to do this in my Flash book and applied it to every page

And finally adding in some twinkling stars completes the home page!

No comments:
Post a Comment