
How it looked in the browser!

I think this part is my favourite on the whole animation!! I love how the little fish swim on stage and then just bob up and down together. It really looks like they're in the water! I'm so pleased with it!! I've also taught myself about Movie Clips and how I can make sections of a clip loop so it keeps playing the same part of the timeline. I did this to the bubbles so they always flow from the bottom to the top. I really wanted the scene to come to life and when the animation just stopped suddenly it seemed a little flat. I'm really happy now with how it always moves. I need to apply this to the home page and make stars twinkle all the time.

This has been the most challenging of the whole animation so far. What I had to do was make the Beth character into a Button, and when pressed setting off a movie clip of Beth and bubble enlarging and then text appearing inside. Wow this was hard! The difficulty was making the button create an action but then disappear (otherwise the little button would show behind the enlarging Beth). And a further complication was making the enlarged version convert back to the small button on clicking on another character!! I eventually worked it out through what I read in the book and also searching on Google. A screenshot of the coding used is below.


The bubble with Matt's enlarged character was in the way of the logo and didn't look right so I made the character buttons smaller and then played around with different positions finally settling on one.




And the final screenshot with text in!

No comments:
Post a Comment