Friday, 29 May 2009

Creating the Lyrics Page

The animation was too slow and took ages for the characters, logo and links to fall down the screen so I separated all the elements onto different movie clips to enable me to make changes without altering the main timeline. This took a lot of time but saved time in the longrun as any slight amendment to layers in the timeline affects every other layer!



Creating the notes was really hard!!!! I managed to make the note and then used Gavin's CD design on top. At first I imported both tif files into Flash and used them, but it was difficult making them into a button then. Instead I put the two together in Photoshop and imported that. Then made a button inside of a movie clip containing the speakers!


I had real issues with the speakers. It just didn't look natural as the speakers passed over the musical notes so back to the drawing board to make it look right!


To help with the timing and placement of the musical notes I put lime rectangles in the positions to see where the speaker crossed over them


Once that issue was sorted I had the issue of finding the space again!


I therefore moved the CD to the right and took out the musical note as it just made it look untidy! The lyrics for one song is on now too and it looks good! Just need to decide whether I need to move the characters and logo out of the way or not


Much better arrangement now. The characters slide into position which looks good and hopefully shows that there is information to be displayed in the blank space


And finally the idea was to add sound to the page to give it an extra dimension! But Oh My this was so hard!!! Putting the file in was hard enough but the trouble was just importing a 4.52MB MP3 file increased the page size to 68MB!! It was impossible to load up to the internet! So I've had to redo the page and download an MP3 resizer from the internet. Initially I only had a video too, so I had to convert that from an AVI file. I've learnt so much from this exercise, which will hopefully help me in the future.

No comments: