
The Flash file wouldn't open on the college Macintosh and the Flash swf file played but didn't show the Orange boxes for some unknown reason! Regardless of this the class liked the character falling down the screen so I know it's worth pursuing further.
I remembered a previous website that I've built which had an extremely simple Flash file embedded so I copied the code from that HTML page and placed it in a new HTML document. I then changed the file and source and hey presto it works! I just need to check that it works on other computers and browsers before doing any more work on the website. This is because every little stage involves images which are moved slowly to create the animation. Any alterations to the flash file dimensions etc would mean everything would have to be moved!!!
I've checked that the animation also works in Internet Explorer as well as Firefox. It does but as I've got more toolbars in Firefox the characters touch the bottom of the screen, but land a lot higher up in IE! I wonder if there's a way to control its appearance with CSS as I do in normal websites? I will need to research this further.
Firefox (Version 3)

Internet Explorer (Version 6)

I've found an excellent website called Browsers.org which shows you how your web page looks in different browsers. Below is small thumbnail screenshots of 29 browsers tested and a Safari thumbnail which unfortunately couldn't open the page. Opera just showed a blank screen whereas virtually everything else displays the above image


No comments:
Post a Comment