
Information about the band in Wikipedia

Emails with Richard McNamara from Embrace
Jo
Hi Richard, it's Joanna Flynn (Cook) from Hipperholme. How are you doing these days? Obviously I know you're in Embrace but besides that?
My bro (Frankie Cook) is getting married in October and lives in Dublin now. I've set up my own web design company which is going well so far!
My lasting memory of you is falling asleep in exams and snoring and Fritz tutting at you! Oh those were the days ha!
Anyway just wanted to email you for a bit of advice really. My friends daughter is in a band called Freefall. They go to Brighouse High School. Anyway I've just listened to them play and they were fantastic! I was really impressed! Can you give any nuggets of advice for them? Any ideas for where to go from here? They're probably most like the band Paramore. They're only 12 - 14 in age but very good for their age.
Anyway like I said, any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Jo
Richard
Hey Joanna Flynn (Cook) from Hipperholme...... My bro has a web design company as well, check 'em out.... www.retrofuzz.com they do bands and stuff ....
My advice to them is.... Get an amazing manager!!!
Not your mate who fancies a go at it .... !!!!
Not yer dad ... !!!!!
But a proper manager who has contacts and experience, preferably London based!!
If they're as good as you say they are, and as young, then it shouldn't be too much trouble ....
Ask them who their favorite bands are... Then find out who manages them..... Then send them ALL a good quality demo CD and see what response you get......
Go for meetings etc....
Get a deal....
See you in the charts!!!
it's a piece of piss... ;v)
Much Love
Rx
Jo
Hello again!
Wow! I'm really impressed with your brother's web company! Some great designs and for high profile bands too! I might in fact be asking him for some advice too ha!... cos for my last project (graphic design degree course) I'm gonna be designing Freefall a website. I normally do fairly standard small business websites so it'll be a challenge to build something interactive and accessible at the same time! My website is www.refreshingwebdesign.co.uk
And thanks for the advice, you make it sound so easy ;-) Let's hope they get noticed, and then you never know! Bethany (the lead singer) is the daughter of some really good friends of mine, so just wanna help as much as I can.
How are things going for Embrace now? Are you releasing anything new this year?
Jo
x

No comments:
Post a Comment